August 25, 2008

My favorite time of the year.

I can't resist posting something about the beautiful weather this morning and the glorious occasion that will happen in just 5 days, 1 hour, and 25 minutes. Yes folks it's football season. This morning as I stepped outside I could smell the fresh fall air fighting against the sticky humid summer air for it's chance to grace my presence. Unfortunately it lost that fight as we climb into the upper 80's but I know that soon I will be enjoying cool 70 degree weather. What's better is enjoying that while you sit outside Owen Field enjoying a hot dog and cold beverage. Sitting around talking football with your best friends wondering if this will be the year that Stoops leads us to a National Championship. Hoping for the chance to experience something special so we can sit with our grand kids one day and say, "We were there!"

I spent this weekend shopping for the perfect game day shirt. One that would show my Sooner Spirit but also keep me cool as I sit in the glorious North End Zone and cheer on my team. Yes folks I am that nerd. I plan my weeks, wardrobe, and social events around the OU game day schedule. I look forward to this time of year in the same way that a little child looks forward to Christmas morning. Sooner football is wrapped in tradition and fills the Oklahoma history books with many glorious stories. OU games attract dignataries, famous personalities, and occasionally are highlighted on network television shows. It's part of our culture here in Oklahoma and I will always feel honored to be a part of the show!

2 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

come go garage saling with me on saturday!

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

I agree- it's that time of the year. I love Oklahoma best in the fall. Except today, we went to the zoo. Boy, howdy. It was HOT!