May 10, 2010

Watch out, Marilyn's got a gun!

I ddin't get a picture of me actually shooting the gun
but I figured this was pretty close.
I mean we could be twins...right? (FYI I'm being sarcastic)

Getting through my list of 30 New Experiences by the time I'm 30 isn't nearly as hard as finding time to blog about them. But I promise I will work at being better about keeping you updated.

My first 30BY30 experience actually took place about 3 weeks ago while visiting my uncle in Jay, Oklahoma. We were sitting around visiting when my cousin looked and me and said, "Wanna shoot a gun?" As fear covered the face of my husband I smiled and said, "YES!" It's no secret to anyone that knows me that I'm a proud supporter of the 2nd amendment. I feel that everyone should be able to protect themselves against anyone and anything. What they might now know is that I've never actually shot a gun outside of my husband's Red Rider BB gun or the plastic gun you use for Duck Hunt.

My uncle lives on several acres so we found a good open spot and set up a plastic jug to use as my target. He went over the basics about gun safety and how to line up the site. After I felt comfortable with holding the gun and using the safety I lifted it to aim at my target. Gently I pulled the trigger but wasn't prepared for the loud noise or jolt of adrenaline that would shoot through my body. It was even more awesome to find out that I hit my target. I pulled the trigger four more times hitting the target each time.

It is certanly something that I will be doing again!

No comments: