May 4, 2010

Other Monumental Birthdays!



As I pause to focus on my upcoming birthday I can't help but take notice of other monumental birthdays being celebrated.

Today my friends, Scott and Jenny Williams, welcomed into the world a baby girl named McKenna Rian. I can only imagine what is going through the thoughts of the William's family as they celebrate her first day in this world. She is begining a wonderful journey and I can't wait to celebrate her 30th birthday with her!

Last week I was honored to have my "experiment" mentioned by my friend and neighbor Jennifer on her wildly popular blog http://www.jenx67.com/. She also mentioned an article in the Journal Record by Louisa McCune-Elmore (Subject to change: Lordy, lordy, we’re 40) which gives a great account of what goes through the mind of someone turning 40.

Finally, while in Tulsa today I stopped to place flowers on the grave of my grandparents and was suprised to notice that this year my grandfather, Rev. William T. Roberts, would have turned 100 years young. Even though he won't be here to blow out the candles I will still secretly celebrate his birth. 

Can you imagine the changes that have taken place between 1910, when my grandfather was born, to today when little McKenna arrived into our lives?  

No comments: