July 8, 2008

She said what?


I don't think I will ever understand what goes through 90% of our elected officials heads. Or how they ever got elected in the first place, but today Senator Nancy Riley, a democrat from the Tulsa area, was quoted as saying "thank goodness for high gas prices." Her reason for saying this is because they are helping the state's economy.

Tell that to the millions of Oklahomans who worry about how to eat from day to day because of what gas prices have done to the cost of food. Or to the local business owner as they watch their earnings shrink more and more because they are having to spend a larger portion of their hard earned dollars on fuel. Or how about the student who will have to do without that updated textbook or computer program this year because money that would have been spent on resources for him is now being used to fill up buses.

I don't think any of these people are thanking anyone for the rising cost of fuel. I know I'm not!