October 14, 2008

Funny how things happen

It's funny that my last blog post was about slowing down and giving more attention to friends and family. Well now I have as much time as I would like to spend with them. Be careful what you wish for :)

Seriously, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. It may drive me crazy but I have no control over what happens in my life. Yes, I have control over whether I'll wear a read or blue shirt today. Or if I'll eat a sandwich or pizza for lunch. But on the grander scale I really have no say. God has a plan and I have to trust that everything will work out.

He has already shown me in several ways this weekend that he is going to take care of me and he is in control. I couldn't control the fact that sitting 3 rows away from me at the OU/TX game was someone who was on my list of people to call for a job, God did that! Or the fact that a friend of our friends who was tailgating with us happened to know the person hiring for the position I had just sent my resume in for. That was ALL God. Or that I received a call from a high school friend this morning who I haven't talked to in almost ten years and she provided yet another opportunity for me to make some money....hello God I know you're there.

Its sad that God has to knock me on my butt to get me to shut up and listen!

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

1 comment:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

anymore, i just go ahead and sit down on the floor on my butt to save him the trouble of having to knock me down. hahahahahaha! and it WILL all work out for the best!